- Mary visited by Gabriel – Luke 1:26-38
- We ought to have Mary’s attitude when we know God’s will and we will also be used of God.
- Mary goes to stay with Elizabeth – Luke 1:39-56
- Mary blessed because of her faith
- Joseph and Mary move to Bethlehem to be taxed – Luke 2:1-7
- Governments have been unnecessarily burdening citizens since the birth of Christ.
- Reminds me of Elizabeth and I walking around Monterrey when Elizabeth was really pregnant.
- The shepherds – Luke 2:8-20
- If they didn’t act on the message they would have missed out on the blessing (seeing Jesus)
- When you look upon Jesus it will compel you to tell others
- If you’re not compelled to win souls, it’s probably because you’re spending more time looking at the world than at Jesus in your bible. Need to turn your heart into good ground.
- Christ’s circumcision and presentation at the Temple – Luke 2:21-38
- Law of Circumcision – Genesis 17:9-14
- Law of Purification – Leviticus 12:1-8
- The two witnesses of Christ’s birth
- Joseph and Mary return to Nazareth – Luke 2:39
- Mary found pregnant – Matthew 1:18-19
- Probably after she returned after 3 months from taking care of Elizabeth
- Joseph visited by Angel – Matthew 1:20-25
- Joseph was a man of faith also.
- Possibly why the couple was chosen to be the Lord’s earthly parents.
- The wise men – Matthew 2:1-12
- The light you’re following won’t save you, but it will eventually lead you to Christ.
- “We Three Kings” is a hymn with incorrect doctrine and should not be sung.
- Believed to be three of them due to the three types of gifts
- Wise men are not kings (Gen 41:8, Dan 5:7)
- Not part of the stable “nativity scene” because they worshipped Christ in a house.
- Joseph and Mary flee to Egypt – Matthew 2:13-18
- Again we see the faith of Joseph, he didn’t wait until the morning to act on the vision from God.
- Joseph and Mary can’t return to Judea and so return to Nazareth – Matthew 2:19-23
- We discover the reason they returned to Nazareth instead of Bethlehem in Luke 2:39 from Matthew’s gospel.
- The Nativity Scene Test
- Refer to Keynote images below.
- Revelation 12:1-5 – Another take on the nativity scene.