A faithful man is a rare thing to find. In this sermon, Victor looks at 4 characteristics that every faithful man should have. Faithfulness, a masculine appearance, a hard worker and a zealous leader.
Proverbs 20:6 Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find?
- The world has an idea of what manliness is that is opposite to what God sees as manliness
- 1 Kings 2:1-3
- Proverbs 20:6 faithful man who can find?
- Trustworthy, Reliable, Integrity, Diligent
- Numbers 12:7 – Moses was faithful – “as the Lord commanded Moses”
- when you are asked to do something, you get it done and you do it as requested.
- Joshua 11:15 – Joshua left nothing undone
- Matthew 25:19-23 – worked proactively even when not supervised, initiative, proactive.
- Luke 19:13 – occupy til I come
- Luke 16:10-12 – Faithfulness in small things will lead to being entrusted with larger things
- This principle applies in your job as much as it does to God
- It’s a sin to be girly – 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 effeminate
- It’s shameful for a man to have long hair – 1 Corinthians 11:14-16
- Fancy clothes is girly – 1 Timothy 2:9
- Acts 5:1-11 – young men burying Annanias and Sapphira
- 1 Timothy 5:8 – worse than an infidel
- 2 Thessalonians 3:6-15 – neither should he eat
- 1 Corinthians 11:1
- you are a good leader when you are a good follower
- we all follow Christ
- God made the man to be leader
- Genesis 3:16
- 1 Timothy 2:11-14 – Adam first formed, learn in silence
- 1 Timothy 3:1-2 – husband of one wife
- Ephesians 5:22-23 – head of the wife
- How do I get people/wife to follow me?
- Be someone worth following
- Be in front – what are you doing that others aren’t so there is even something to follow?
- Take a stand
- Make Decisions
- Take care of your family – don’t let your wife do everything to the point where all you are is a useless bank account.
- lead spiritually – if your wife is a more mature christian than you, shame on you
- if she has read more bible and knows more doctrine than you shame on you