I was going to post an update on our soulwinning progress 3 months after the date our church started (1 March), but we just recently got an area map to put up on the wall so I thought it would be a good time to do a soulwinning update also.
We use a web/mobile app, called Spotio, to track our progress. It does have a cost involved but I think it has been well worth it with the admin work it removes in doing the tracking manually. The application is designed for door to door sales and since door-to-door soulwinning is very similar it caters very well for our purpose. There’s a major update in the software currently happening but once it’s done I’ll be posting more videos about the software and how we use it so for those of you who knock doors you can see if it will be beneficial to you.
Here are the soulwinning statistics from 28th February 2015 to 9th May 2015.
Some interesting statistics to mention besides the obvious in the table above
- 7.45% of doors knocked will talk to you (HTG/IDD, FU-NS, S)
- Since the statistics don’t take into account the time at each door:
- If you remove ‘not home’ that increases to 12.15%
- If you look at ‘gave a tract/brief discussion’ and up, it increases to 18.25%
- Only 0.32% people are ‘aggressive’ so there really is nothing to be fearful about. This increases to 0.52% if you remove ‘not home’.
Our numbers don’t reflect exactly the streets highlighted on the map because a small group knocks another area during the week that adds to our statistics but isn’t marked off on our physical map which is only the surrounding area of our church house.
We obtained the map from the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) website and they allow you to reprint their maps. It’s a map of the Watson Electorate. The house is actually located in the Banks Electorate but since we wanted to target mainly the city of Canterbury (which is the local city council we are in), most of that city is in Watson.
27 And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them,
28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man’s blood upon us.
29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also;
Looking at the small area currently highlighted on the map makes me consider two things:
- If this is the results from such a small proportion of the overall map, imagine the great things that are yet to happen when we knock the rest.
- Imagine if our average group of 8 was 20, 40 or 100. We truly could ‘turn the world upside down’ and fill Sydney with the doctrine of Jesus Christ.
It’s amazing to see what our church has accomplished so far in the brief 3 months of its existence.